The year-end performance appraisal is a sensitive time of the assessment, it is not only related to the employee’s performance salary and year-end bonus at the end of the year, and next year work and staff changes, closely related to salary adjustment and occupation development, employees generally have more concerned and sensitive, at this time, it is very important to use appropriate performance interview skills because, the slightest mistake, it is easy to cause emotional fluctuations, even causing loss or conflict. So, excuse me:
1, what is the difference between the annual performance appraisal interview and the daily performance interview? China heavy machining Wholesale Manufacturer
2, do the year end performance assessment interview, what are the different skills and special matters of attention? China heavy machining Wholesale Manufacturer
The results of the performance evaluation feedback is an important part of the performance management system, it is important the final stage of the personnel performance management, conversion stage is a nexus. Through performance feedback, to be assessment results feedback, help them learn from the successful experience, summing up the lessons of failure, find out the key problems existing in the work and the main problems, and put forward specific improvement plan. China heavy machining Wholesale Manufacturer
The purpose of performance feedback interview
1, the results of performance appraisal feedback to employees. After the end of the performance appraisal, timely communicated to employees in the performance cycle its performance meets the established goals, attitude and behavior meets the predetermined criteria, whether the work ability, which is convenient for employees of their work have a clear understanding. China heavy machining Wholesale Manufacturer
The 2 is to convey the development blueprint and goal to employees. In the performance interview, we can combine employee’s work objectives with the company’s future development goals, let employees understand the general direction of their development and feel their goals. China heavy machining Wholesale Manufacturer
3, identify the reasons for the failure of employee performance. The purpose of performance management is to improve performance. Before this performance, the evaluator needs to analyze the reasons why the performance is not up to standard. China heavy machining Wholesale Manufacturer
4, prepare for the next performance cycle. Performance management is a cyclic process. It follows the rule of PDCA cycle. When a performance cycle is coming to an end, managers need to lay a solid foundation for the next performance cycle.
The purpose of performance interview is to help employees improve their performance and work better in the next stage, while the purpose of year-end performance interview is more related to employee’s year-end bonus, job promotion, job change, wage increase or decrease, and labor relations change. China heavy machining Wholesale Manufacturer
The role of performance feedback interview
Effective performance feedback interviews play a very important role in the successful implementation of performance management, as follows:
1, it provides a good communication platform for higher and lower levels to make the assessment open. China heavy machining Wholesale Manufacturer
2, it can enable employees to understand the shortcomings of their work objectively and improve their work performance.
3, through the performance feedback interview, the company’s development goals and individual goals can be well combined, which can enhance the competitiveness of the company. China heavy machining Wholesale Manufacturer
1, the company’s performance appraisal committee: the complaint and decision to deal with the results of the assessment.
2, the object of the general manager’s interview: the vice president, the director, the middle-level cadre of its direct supervisor
3, the object of the deputy general interview: the middle-level cadres who are directly in charge
4, the object of the middle level cadre interview: the leader of the respective subordinates, the group leader and the staff. China heavy machining Wholesale Manufacturer
Feedback process of performance assessment
A complete performance interview mainly consists of three stages: the interview preparation stage, the interview implementation stage and the interview evaluation stage. Both the daily performance interview or year-end performance interview includes these three stages. China heavy machining Wholesale Manufacturer
1, the preparation stage of the interview: the following tasks should be done in the preparation phase of the interview:
(1) comprehensive collection of data: we need to prepare staff’s performance appraisal results, understand other staff’s object evaluation, assessment indicators, and objective work data.
The specific objective data are as follows: absenteeism, quality records, scrap, processing orders, production records, material consumption records, whether the timely completion of tasks or projects, cost control or reduction, error rate, number of customer complaints, the number of repair products, the accident frequency of objective data. The objective data collected at the end of the year it is important to all these data, daily performance interview is usually the assessment cycle data.
(2) prepare for the outline of the interview: the outline of the outline should be briefly discussed and the detailed process of the interview.
(3) choose the right time and place, and notify the interview person in advance. Whether it’s a weekday interview or year-end interview, the time should be chosen when both sides are free.
2, the implementation phase of the interview:
(1) create a harmonious interview environment for both sides;
(2) explain the purpose, steps and time of the interview;
(3) to discuss the evaluation results of each work goal;
(4) the crux of the analysis of the performance gap is analyzed.
(5) negotiated solutions; China heavy machining Wholesale Manufacturer
(6) to discuss the advantages and disadvantages, the difficulties and problems and the needs to be improved, and reach a consensus with the examiners.
(7) put forward the goals and plans for the next step of performance improvement. China heavy machining Wholesale Manufacturer
(8) discuss the question that the examiner should give the support and help of the superior, and put forward specific suggestions. China heavy machining Wholesale Manufacturer
In this stage, there is a difference in the content of the daily performance interview and the year-end performance interview, which is mainly different in content:
The performance interview on weekdays is for employees’ weekly, monthly, quarterly and semi annual performance appraisal, while year-end assessment is a comprehensive assessment and summary of employees’ performance in this year.
3, the evaluation stage of the interview:
After the interview, the executives should evaluate the effect of the opposite talk. For example, whether the interview is to achieve the purpose, whether employees have a deeper understanding and how to improve the interview, etc. usually, there are four types of interview evaluation:
(1) satisfaction – can be promoted. The person’s performance is satisfactory. According to the personal career development, the person can consider the job promotion.
(2) satisfaction — not a promotion. This type is for those employees with satisfactory performance but they can’t get a promotion, or the company does not have their promotion space, or they don’t want to meet in the existing job promotion. Such employees can give increased processing information, year-end bonus multiple internal praise bonus, paid vacation or recuperation.
(3) dissatisfaction — retention. Such people have room for improvement, and are willing to continue to serve in the company. At the end of the interview, they develop an improved performance plan or sign a performance contract, and make a formal written warning. China heavy machining Wholesale Manufacturer
(4) dissatisfaction — dismissal. Such employees are very dissatisfied, performance is really bad, and there is no need for improvement. I also don’t want to continue to stay in the company, so I will directly dismiss.
The above four types are much used in the evaluation of year-end performance interviews, while the average daily performance evaluation is less used.
Matters needing attention in performance feedback interview
(1) it is necessary to adopt the way of praise and constructive criticism, while affirming the performance of the staff, it is pointed out that it can be improved to avoid the employees’ feeling of conflict.
(2) focus on solving problems. The ultimate goal of negative interview is to improve performance. Therefore, analyzing the causes of bad performance and discussing solutions is the core of the interview.
(3) encourage the reviewers to actively participate in the feedback process. In an atmosphere of mutual respect, the question of performance is solved together.
(4) do not assume the subjective assumption. We should compare the performance of the staff with the standard, and do not compare with the other employees or decide at will. China heavy machining Wholesale Manufacturer
(5) don’t beat around the bush. Let them know what is wrong, what is right, and to ensure that the evaluation of the intention to understand, prevent to go around, but the impact on the interview results.
The daily performance interview and the year-end performance interview are the same, with little difference.
Skills of performance feedback interview
1, the examiner must set up the position of himself and the examiner. The two sides should be the same relationship, the complete equal communicator, the interview is not the talk but the communication.
2, managers should listen carefully. Attention should be paid to listen: frank communication, a careful analysis of the problem; on the wrong things; to speak, let subordinates to fully express their opinions; and avoid irrelevant personnel blind comparison; merits should talk, avoid “cold water”; pay attention to skills and attitude can talk. Through body language and facial expression, posture of communication, to ensure the full and effective communication.
3, through positive encouragement or feedback, pay attention to and affirm the strengths and strengths of the examiner.
4, the results of evaluation should be provided to the examiner in advance, and the objective facts should be emphasized.
5, the examiners are encouraged to participate in the discussion and to publish their opinions and opinions to check the suitability of the evaluation results.
6, in view of the results of the assessment, the work objectives and development plans in the future plan period are proposed in consultation with the examiners.
7, finish the dialogue in a positive way. The appraisers give the employees the necessary encouragement rather than blow at the end of the interview, because performance management pays more attention to the future performance rather than the present one.
Daily performance interview and the end of the interview in the interview skill is not much difference, the difference is mainly to develop improvement targets and plans of different assessment: on weekdays is the next assessment period (week, month, year, quarter, half year), is at the end of next year’s general plans and goals.
In conclusion, year-end performance appraisal interview is very important. In any case, we must plan co-ordinated plans, arrange reasonably, and maintain equal communication in a harmonious and harmonious atmosphere, so that we can do well in year-end performance interviews, so that there will be no contradiction or conflict.