What qualities an excellent quality manager needs to master? This is a question many quality people are thinking about. Some people sum it up as 7 capabilities, and take a look at it
1, comprehensive knowledge of quality theory
The quality manager must study the quality management of the scientific theory, grasp the development trend of the world quality management and the latest achievements about this industry quality standard. The quality manager is a full range of quality, to grasp the knowledge comprehensively, the world without end. In addition, the understanding of quality system should be profound, and quality system certification, maintenance and other aspects of the experience.
It is because of the master quality management expert characters in the work to develop the modern quality management, so as quality director – a quality expert in the enterprise, we must deeply understand Deming, Juran, Ishikawa, Baum Fagan, Crosby and Taguchi quality management theory and ideas. The dean of quality management on the quality management of modern enterprises, exerted a tremendous influence on the quality control and the company’s production.
2, quality certification knowledge
Quality certification system is the knowledge quality expert the theory, is the enterprise quality management activities is summarized, the theory and practice of the quality system, quality managers must understand the program. ISO9000, ISO14000, SA8000, QC080000 and other quality certification system and quality certification system in China and the European Union.
3, modern management science knowledge
The quality manager to master the knowledge of management is quite extensive, both the theory and methods of modern management, and modern production management technology, also should grasp the knowledge and the latest achievements, such as business process reengineering (BRP).
General management theory and method
Modern management theories include system theory, cybernetics, information theory, operations research and so on
The theory of A. system. The system of thought in ancient times already, and system science is founded by American biologist Berta Ron Faye of Austria on 1940s. He put forward the theory of general system developed rapidly after the Second World War, on the thought of the system and its research methods are widely used in military, political, economic, scientific and technological fields.
System theory mainly has the following basic viewpoints: A. relevance view, B. order view, C. holistic view, D. dynamic view
The system method based on highly developed and mature theory system. It requires people in dealing with issues related to the system, from the point of view of the whole system, focusing on the system and internal factors, comprehensive relationship, mutual contact and interaction between the system and the external environment, accurately considered objects. In order to achieve the best overall a way of thinking and practical technology.
- information theory, information theory was developed in 1940s by the famous American mathematician back home. Then, it is widely into physics, chemistry, biology, medicine, artificial intelligence, social economy and management science, the basic theory and practical application have achieved great development. The information on the people and how to solve can be more accurate, more quickly, more economic information delivery problems together.
The C. control theory. The control effect is a dynamic control applied to the controlled object or function, its essence is a state to maintain or alter the controlled object, so as to reach the expected purpose controlled body, such as quality control, production control and so on. If the system theory focuses on the structure and operation the law of the system, the pursuit of reasonable construction of the system and to achieve the overall goal of the optimal control theory, focusing on the effects of the control body of the controlled system, and regularity and influence, the pursuit of the optimal system for timely control and the implementation of the program.
D..50’s research. The Second World War II scientific research produced in 1940s, or get sound development, and has many branches. Such as planning theory, graph theory and network analysis, queuing theory, inventory theory, game theory and decision theory. The operational research is for decision-making on its control under the business activities of the decision-making, to provide mathematical methods based on quantity.
- modern production management technology
The timely production technology, material requirement planning, modern production management technology and manufacturing resource planning enterprise resource planning is increasingly become a modern enterprise management technology, affects the operation of enterprises, of course, the most important influence is the production management and quality management, quality director must master these technologies, and to production director of quality the production process control.
- timely production technology (JIT). The timely production technology (Just In Time system) was first founded in 1970s in Japan, and is widely used in Europe and the United States. The timely production system has two strategic objectives: to increase profits and improve the competitive position of the company. To achieve these two goals are: A. means to control costs, increase profit price advantage, B. improved delivery service; C.; improve the quality of the products. The quality of the products, fruit notes, flexibility and cost efficiency are the three basic factors of enterprises to participate in the global competition must pay attention.
- (MRP). MRP MRP (Material Requiring Planning, MRP) is produced in the 1960s inventory management method, it is the use of a method of computer material demand plan. In every manufacturing enterprise, a product usually consists of various components and assembly, each component is by a variety of parts and material.
- manufacturing resource planning (MRP2). Material Resourc (manufacturing resource planning and inventory management methods. On the formation and development of the basic idea is to enterprise material requirement plan and all other directly related to production and operation activities, resources and financial planning as a whole, realize the system of enterprise management.
- enterprise resource planning (ERP). In 1990s, the MRP2 system is widely used, and the increasingly fierce market competition, the enterprise interior oriented information integration based MRP2 system has been unable to meet the enterprise diversification, cross regional, multi supply and marketing channels globalization management mode. With the rapid development of network communication technology and extensive application, some multinational manufacturing enterprises face the management information system of higher levels of —ERP (Enterprise Resources Planning, ERP) forward.
- knowledge of mathematics and statistics
- mathematical statistics knowledge. Mathematical statistics knowledge related to quality mainly includes three key distribution, normal distribution, two distribution and Poisson distribution; two analysis: regression and correlation analysis, variance analysis and hypothesis testing.
- statistical tools and techniques. The commonly used statistical tools and techniques: action plan, correlation graph, KJ method, comparative law, law of causality, benefit by mutual discussion, control charts, data tables, process decision program graph, arrow bar graph, histogram, diagram, scatter diagram, system diagram, matrix data analysis method.
- excellent innovation ability
- the composition of innovative ability: good memory, keen observation, rich imagination, rigorous abstract power, etc.
The basic content of B. quality innovation:
- innovation ability first in technological innovation. Technological innovation is a complex process involving a wide range of influential research. To study from different angles, with technology innovation in different definitions. For example, the technology innovation is the means of knowledge and technology, innovative enterprise application of new technology, the new mode of production and management, improve the quality of products, development and production of new products, new services, occupy the market and achieve market value.
- innovation capability must also be manifested in management innovation
- excellent management skills
The quality manager must have outstanding management ability, lead the quality department to complete the quality management responsibilities, implementation of the development strategy and the strategy of quality management of enterprises. The quality of managers with excellent management skills of leadership in their ability to plan, incentive and control ability, ability.
- planning capability
The so-called plan ability refers to the method of making reasonable decisions and procedures. A method in a certain target and put forward the quality and give proper estimation, make it become the best combination to achieve the lowest cost to obtain the best quality of the products. The plan ability is a basic ability of color management ability. It is the essence of the quality management system through thinking, planning, judgment and calculation, so as to formulate the quality objectives to be achieved in the next period of time and the procedures and methods used, as the basis of ability. Ability to plan generally reflected in the following aspects: put forward the problem, analysis problem. Determine the target, feasibility analysis, plan, inspection and assessment.
- leadership skills
Generally speaking, the leading ability is mainly embodied in the following two aspects:
- accomplish organizational goals, i.e., accomplish tasks assigned by superiors and organizations;
- as much as possible to meet the needs of the members of the organization, including material and spiritual needs
- incentive capability
- control capability